Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fact: Higher Blood Pressure=Low IQ..

In his research, Jason Allaire, an Assistant Professor of Psychology at North Carolina State University suggests that 'If you have high blood pressure, on days when your blood pressure spikes higher than normal, cognitive ability is worse than normal. (M2 Magazine, 2009).

This shows that if you always feel angry, restless, or irritated, you may be less clever than you'd supposed to be. I believe my cognitive abilities have yet to find its peak because of my temper. I get angry over trivial stuffs, on top of crucial ones. I can see most students like me are somewhat depressed about their life. Why is that? Maybe it's because how things have changed since their childhood. No more easy money from their parents, no guaranteed food everyday for them to eat, or thinking about what their life would be in the future.

In my humble opinion, depression could be a sign of humans incapable of achieving their own made standards, which no one in the world could achieve. They always assume they have failed miserably because plans did not go their way. When their depressed, their blood pressure becomes higher thus making them less intelligent.

I admit that when I'm 'less intelligent' i'll go berserk. I'd say bad things, have bad thoughts, and punch a wall or two. People surrounding me will be affected. Further damage will be done if they couldn't understand me or I couldn't understand them. As you can see it's not a good thing to do if your trying to be a role model.

So, how do we prevent this? Chill out. Try to be calm as possible. Don't add the spark if there's fuel on the floor. Go the gym. Play counter strike. Play football. In the end, you'll be fine again. And your ready to attempt of becoming a smart guy again.

p/s: pardon my negative emotions in this blog. feeling a bit tensed right now. haha. might go kick some balls later.

2 comments:

Loving Life said...

Pegi gym mmg baik untuk kesihatan. =)

sheryzan said...

just found ur link korn..hehe...mari bertukar2 link