Saturday, February 7, 2009

Festival Makanan Laut di Viaduct Harbour..

Hola.. accidentally woke up early on a Sunday morning. Well, i might just well spend some time here then. Few weeks ago I went to the Auckland Seafood Festival. It was held near the Viaduct Basin. Obviously my main purpose of going there was to get cheap or free seafood. A one dolar crayfish would be good. haha. Unfortunately, the food was drying up wallet (including the 15 dolar door tickets). A salmon kebab costs me 2 dolars, a paellla (a rice dish cooked on a large pan) was 12 dolars, and some seafood sandwich punched me 6 dolars. As a consolation, I sampled lots of smoked salmon, tuna with crackers and mussels.


this is where the paella was cooked.. tastes like seafood beryani..



The above picture shows the 'Blessing of the Fleet' ceremony. It's a ceremony for the people to remember loved ones who have died in the sea making sure everyone is able to enjoy fresh, yummy seafood.




this is the Viaduct Basin. Lots of luxury boats and yatches here. Hopefully to have one or more myself in the future. hahaha..






No comments: