Monday, March 30, 2009

Maori Experience Weekend..

Few weeks ago my friends and I went to experience a cultural trip in one Maori Village somewhere in North Shore, Auckland. Pardon me for this scrappy post. I should have posted this earlier. However my procrastination always seems to get the best of me. Therefore I'll make this short. Overall it was a great trip. Learned some new things such as doing the 'hangi' (mother nature's own oven), weaving flax leaves, and doing the haka. The best thing though was able to get my 8 hours sleep. Here are some of the pictures I've taken during the trip.


Group photo taken in front of the 'marae'..




A view of Auckland City from the Harbour Bridge..



I wished they can put 'Selamat Datai' as well..





Me and Nigel carrying plywood for the fire..



Layering the food on top of skin burning loads of metal rods..



Before..



After.. succulent chicken drums and lamb..



Walking through the tracks of nature..





How's my flax weaving skills?

No comments: